Do You Find Yourself Thinking?
- I have a good life…why can’t I be happy?
- I want to stop being emotionally hijacked so often.
- I’m tired of my worries holding me back.
- I have a good life that I can’t seem to enjoy.
- My anxiety is keeping me from advancing.
- I can be paralyzed by the fear of being judged.
- I can’t shake the fear that something terrible might happen.
- I want to feel happier and more connected.
- I can’t stop dwelling on my worries.
- I want my life back.
Next new client appointments available starting August 16
You are not alone in these struggles. The National Institute of Mental health reports that more than a quarter of the American adult population experiences some kind of anxiety, depression, or other emotional difficulty each year. If you are feeling overwhelmed, not adjusting well, or can’t cope with what is going on in your life, you may benefit from counseling.
Research has shown that your ability to recognize the benefits of asking help and support is a trait of resilience and an indicator of positive mental health. Help-seeking behaviors are indicative of self-awareness and insight, which means if you have the awareness to ask for support during difficult times that you are likely to benefit from professional counseling.
Speaking to a supportive, non-judgmental caring professional counselor can be life changing. Most clients gain insights into problems and patterns, and develop new skill sets that change the trajectory of their lives. The sooner you get the help you need, the sooner you’ll see positive changes and have your life improve.
In most cases, you’ll discuss current events in your life, relevant episodes in your past that could be affecting your present, and reports on the progress and new insights you’ve gained from previous therapy sessions. Common counseling homework includes relaxation and stress management techniques, communication skills, and mindfulness or journaling. Together we develop the steps you can take, outside of the therapy room, to support your progress, and reach your goals.